Spyder Buggy SRX-2 MM 2wd 1/10 RTR The RTR Spyder buggy is based on the high end competition version of the Spyder Mid Motor MM buggy and shares most components and geometry. All option parts of the race version alsof fit the RTR version. Main features - Ready to race - Prepainted and precut buggy body - Dragon-RC 2.4 GHz transmitter TX-RX with LCD - Waterproof Electronic speedcontroller 45A - Brushless, sensorless motor 9T, 3000kv - Expert factory assembly and set-up - Dragon-RC premounted buggy tyres - Spring steel transmission - Gear differential and solid slipper Promopage: http://promo.serpent.com/spydermmrtr/
Serpent SPYDER 2wd Mid Motor Ready to Race buggy
1/10 scale, electric powered
The RTR Spyder buggy is based on the high end competition version of the Spyder MM buggy and shares most components and geometry. All option parts of the race version alsof fit the RTR version. It comes complete with everything except transmitter batteries and car battery.
Designed by World Champion Billy Easton, USA
Serpent designer Billy Easton, former 1/10 scale 2wd World Champion, and the designer of the successful Cobra 1/8 series of cars, and the Spyder 1/10 RM, MM and SCT, has created this new masterpiece.
Key features of the SPYDER 2wd RTR MM buggy:
Composite chassis plate with a layout allowing for a perfect weight balance, and optimal space for the electronics, battery and servo. The front Kick-up angle in the Chassis incorporates more clearance for racing and allow for more nose landings
Composite front and rear shock towers. The thick composite shock towers have multiple shock angle positions allowing customers to fine tune for varying track conditions.
Dual system 12mm big bore shocks with coated threaded bodies, a unique cap design, a superbly sealing o-ring and spacer package. The Shocks can be used in Bladder or Emulsion setups. The shock-set comes with a set of moulded pistons to choose from. A selection of springs-sets is available to fine-tune the suspension settings. Shock Collars with inner o-rings are used on the threaded bodies to set-ride height.
Front upper bulkhead
The front upper bulkhead is and supports the upper links and shock tower in the best possible way. The front section offers the option to mount a front wing and sway bar unit
The front Wishbones are made from a super strong composite material. The arms are angled to optimize the CG and pivot on 3mm captured pins on the inside and out. The arms have 2 mounting positions for shock angle and are prepared to use an optional anti-roll bar if needed.
Front and Rear Track Rods
Spring steel front and rear track rods are mounted to durable composite captured ball joints. The track Rods have L/R threading for easy adjustments.
Castor blocks and settings
Caster block inserts come as 0, 2.5 and 5 degree version all of which are included. The caster blocks are very compact and strong units made from a special composite material.
Steering Block and Rear Upright
The steering blocks fit 5x10x4 mm bearings. The rear hub uprights use a larger 5x14x4 outer bearing and 10x15x4 mm inner for ultimate lasting performance. The steering blocks and rear uprights utilize some of the best high strength materials on the market today.
The rear uprights allow you to adjust, the toe in from -2 to + 2 degrees by use of various inserts also included in the kit.
Steering system and Ackermann
The steering system has a reverse swinging pivot system that optimizes the efficiency through all different types of corners. You have 3 Ackerman choices to choose from.
Wheel-axles and wheel hex.
The spring steel wheel-axles utilized 12mm hex adapter to follow current market standards. The front springs steel axle is fixed, while the rear wheel-hex is a clamping aluminum version.
Battery space mount and weight balance
The battery is mounted perfectly in the center line of the car, and can be moved to front or back to play with weight balance. Pieces of hard foam are supplied to do so and secure the battery in position. The battery-top-brace has a secure quick release system with handy twist nuts.
The gear-differenial is a super compact, effective and durable unit. The structure and assembly is common type in this class, but the high quality parts and well functioning will make it stand out. The height of the diff can be changed with the inserts.
The car features a solid slipper combined with a steel gear, to have a simple and durable system. The slipper clutch is optional.
Motor plate and motor guard
The motor plate is a machined aluminum; it is then anodized and machined for weight. The composite motor guard will keep your motor protected even after the hardest of landings.
Anti-roll bars can be fitted on the front and rear of the car, but are optional. They can be used on high grip surfaces to further adjust the cars performance
Rear Transmission case
The composite rear transmission case is light and durable. It allows the customer to adjust the differential height to each specific condition. It also securely holds the motor plate, differential as well as supports the rear wing mount and rear carbon fibre shock tower.
Rear driveshaft system, wheel-axles
The spring steel drive shafts are thin and light, yet durable. The spring steel wheel-axles are 5mm, light and durable, guided by the 2 different size of bearings, inner 10x14x4 mm and outer 5x13x4 mm. The driveshaft pin is fully captured to prevent any failure. These bearings are for sure to stand up the rigors of any track condition.
Rear suspension brackets and toe in
The 3mm spring steel pivot pins are held in place by the suspension bracket made from aluminum. Inside the bracket you use inserts to set toe-in and roll center. You can adjust the toe-in from 2 to 4 degrees and adjust the anti squat from 0 to 4 degrees.
Rear suspension arms
The long and durable angled rear suspension arms are very tough units to withstand the rigors of the track and the hard landings. The rear arm offers 2 options for shock position and two mounting locations for the rear anti-roll bar if needed.
Rear Chassis skid plate
The composite rear skid plate connects to the chassis plate. This connection allows you to unclip the rear end in one piece, but helps reduce the total cost of maintenance. It is also made from extremely high strength composite material.
Body shell and rear wing
The prepainted and pre-cut light and low cab-forward style body, made in top quality clear polycarbonate, has a nice flowing line, steep front windscreen for down force with indents in the section in front of the windscreen. The shark fin on the roof of the cabin offers not only style but stability. The smooth body lines enhance the cars appearance and do so in style
The polycarbonate rear wing utilizes raised cutes in the sides to improve wheel clearance.
Rear wing holder
The composite rear wing holder is connected to the rear bulkhead and shock tower. It is fully adjustable from 0,2,4,6 and 8 degrees. Its fixed into place by a washers and screws.
High speed sealed stainless steel ballbearings with orange shields and aeroshell oil
Hard steel , mostly allen screws, roundhead and countersunk. Minimized number of different allen heads to make working on the car easier.
Durable white nylon flat faced wheels, specifically designed to utilize the advancements in the front and rear suspension geometry. Dragon-Rc offroad tyres premounted.
Dragon-RC 2.4GHz transmitter with 10 car memory, advanced set-up possibilities, large LCD screen. Combined with supersmall receiver.
Powerfull Dragon-RC 9T brushless / sensorless motor.
Waterproof Dragon-RC electronic speedcontroller.
Dragon-RC premounted offroad tyres.
The kit comes as RTR car. Just needs AA batteries for the radio, a battery for the car and a charger.
DragonRC transmitter and receiver
The modern full feature 2.4 GHz transmitter , has a large LCD screen to easily chnage setting as needed.
• Specs DTS-2 Radio Control System
• 3-channel, 2.4GHz, FHHS, Frequency: 2.4G - DC: 9.6V,%150mA, LCD screen - Net weight: 360g
• 3 Channels
• End Point Adjustment
• Supports dual rate function for the STEERING
• Sub-trim for THROTTLE channel and STEERING channel
• Model name can use up to 5 letters and numbers, so recognisable names can be set.
• A model memory with different fine set up scan be created by using the model copy function.
• Sixteen models can be stored
• Anti-skid braking system (A.B.S) This function applies the brakes so that the tires of gaspowered cars do not loose grip on the road even when braking in corners.
• SPEED TH-SPEED Sudden trigger operation on a slippery road surface will only cause the tires to spin and the model not to accelerate smoothly. By setting the throttle speed function, accelleration will be smooth and easy. This also reduces battery consumption.
• ST-SPEED When you sense that the steering servo is too fast, the servo Operatingspeed (direction that limits the maximum speed) can be adjusted.
• Auto-Start function (ATS) A pre-set throttle position, less than full throttle, to be used for the initial acceleration off the line without having wheel spin. When the trigger is released, auto-start is turned off and throttle operates normally again.
• Racing timer (TIMER) The device has two timers: Down-Timer and UP-Timer
• Digital trim function. The current trim position is displayed on the LCD screen.
The receiver is a supersmall and light unit
• Spread spectrum mode:FHSS
• Channels: 3
• Frequency: 2.4G
• DC: 4.5~5.5v,%30mA
• Net weight: 9.0g
DragonRC electronic speedcontroller DX-10 WP
• l programmable electronic speed controller with small footprint
• 45A version, waterproof
• to be used for most brushless motors, bot sensored and sensorless
• to be used with max 2 or 3S lipo, or max 6 cell NIMH
• optional program card available
• 65 grams only
- Ready to race
- Prepainted and precut buggy body
- Dragon-RC 2.4 GHz transmitter TX-RX with LCD
- Waterproof Electronic speedcontroller 45A
- Brushless, sensorless motor 9T
- Expert factory assembly and set-up
- Dragon-RC premounted buggy tyres
- Hard composite chassis and shocktowers
- Spring steel transmission parts
- Gear differential and solid slipper
- High performance race geometry
- Rear motor design
- Unique steeringblock design
- Big bore 12mm RCM type shocks with dual system
- Highly Efficient Steering ackermann
- Adjustable rear differential height
- Narrow composite chassis design
- Low, cab forward body
- Axle height Front
- Front and rear camber
- Front Toe-in and toe-out
- Rear Inboard toe-in angle
- Rear Outboard toe-in angle
- Ride height
- Weight balance
- Shocks for dampening and springs, shock angle
- Gear ratios
- Anti-roll bar thickness ( option)
- Electronic placement
- RTR car
- Not included: TX and car battery and charger
Width: varies with set-up
Gear Ratio: 2.43:1
Weight: varies with electronics used
Designed by Billy Easton, USA